The Canada Council for the Arts issues an Annual Report that details its activities and work towards its strategic plan commitments. The Report touches on the Council’s major accomplishments and initiatives, as well as the contributions of artists and organizations that bring these accomplishments to life. The Annual Report affirms the importance, necessity and impact of public arts funding for Canadians.
The Canada Council for the Arts publishes quarterly financial reports, as required by the Financial Administration Act. These reports are published within 60 days of the end of the first three quarters of the fiscal year. They are posted on the Canada Council website and provided to the Office of the Comptroller General and to the Ministry of Canadian Heritage.
Each report includes:
Management’s Discussion and Analysis – a narrative of the results for the quarter and year-to-date; a Statement of Management Responsibility; and unaudited financial statements for the quarter and year-to-date.
The unaudited financial statements are prepared in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), but with abbreviated notes. The reported results, in accordance with PSAS, are compared against the annual budget that was approved by the Canada Council Board. They are not compared to a Corporate Plan, as the Canada Council is not required by the Financial Administration Act to submit one. The quarterly financial statements should be read in conjunction with the audited financial statements for the previous year.
- Narrative December 31, 2011 (PDF 42.9 KB)
- Statement of Management Responsibility December 31, 2011 (PDF 49.7 KB)
- Quarterly Financial Statements December 31, 2011 (PDF 208.3 KB)
- Narrative September 30, 2011 (PDF 68.2 KB)
- Statement of Management Responsibility September 30, 2011 (PDF 86.6 KB)
- Quarterly Financial Statements September 30, 2011 (PDF 424.2 KB)
- Narrative June 30, 2011 (PDF 217.4 KB)
- Statement of Management Responsibility June 30, 2011 (PDF 74.3 KB)
- Quarterly Financial Statements June 30, 2011 (PDF 413 KB)