Arts Across Canada
The Travel component of Arts Across Canada funds activities linked to Canadian presentation, exhibition, artistic collaboration, networking and building market opportunities for Canadian artists, arts professionals, artistic groups and arts organizations. Grants provide support to participate in significant events, build a national presence and for festivals and presenters to conduct research for Canadian artistic programming.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
To calculate the amount you can request for travel costs, see the fixed travel rates.
Activities - what is eligible
Travel must be within Canada, at least 300 kilometres from your place of departure, and by invitation. You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip to:
- develop markets and networks (including participation in official showcases)
- present artistic work
- participate in significant events
- explore future artistic collaborations
- build on an existing tour (for a single representative of a group or organization)
- prospection for exhibition tours (directors and curators only)
Or, for the following activity that does not require an invitation, to:
- research artistic content for programming in Canadian festivals, exhibitions or presentations
You can't apply for activities that occur before your departure start date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artists and curators
- arts professionals
- cultural connectors and sector builders (Equity arts sector)
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core(operating) grants can apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount
Exception: applications with departure dates from 1 – 30 April 2017 will be accepted until 30 April 2017
Travel costs generally based on fixed amounts up to