Representation and Promotion
Arts Across Canada
Due to COVID-19:
- the Canada Council has established a blackout period during which time we will not be supporting some travel-related activities
- there may be restrictions or conditions on projects in which public gatherings are an essential part
The Representation and Promotion component of Arts Across Canada funds travel linked to promotion and the development of new markets for Canadian artists and artistic works. Grants are available to Canadian registered or incorporated arts organizations that represent Canadian artists and regularly seek out new opportunities in the Canadian arts market.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
To calculate the amount you can request for travel costs, see the fixed travel rates.
Activities - what is eligible
Travel within Canada, must be at least 300 kilometres from your place of departure. You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip and for multiple trips within 1 application, to:
- formally represent and promote Canadian artists (i.e. through a contractual relationship)
- build on an existing tour (for artists’ representatives only)
You can’t apply for activities that occur before the deadline date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- support groups, organizations and shared platforms
- magazine publishers
- agencies, management service organizations and art dealers
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount
Travel costs generally based on fixed amounts up to