Foreign Artist Tours
Arts Across Canada
Due to COVID-19:
- the Canada Council has established a blackout period during which time we will not be supporting travel-related activities
- there may be restrictions or conditions on projects in which public gatherings are an essential part
- exceptionally, for components that were temporarily suspended, activities and costs incurred before an application submission date may be eligible. Please refer to our Deadlines and Notification of Results page and contact the relevant program
Our guidelines and forms will not reflect these changes; for details please visit our COVID-19: Information and support for the arts sector web page.
The Foreign Artist Tours component of Arts Across Canada supports Canadian not-for-profit arts organizations to circulate exhibitions or tour artists from around the world and provide new experiences to the Canadian public.
Activities - what is eligible
Support for projects involving:
- the circulation or touring of work by international artists, groups or organizations with at least 2 consecutive performances, presentations or exhibitions to 2 different cities, towns, rural communities or reserves in Canada
You can't apply for activities that occur before the deadline date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artistic organizations
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount