Arts Across Canada
The Travel component of Arts Across Canada funds activities linked to Canadian presentation, exhibition, artistic collaboration, networking and building market opportunities for Canadian artists, arts professionals, artistic groups and arts organizations. Grants provide support to participate in significant events, build a national presence and for festivals and presenters to conduct research for Canadian artistic programming.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Activities - what is eligible
Travel within Canada must be at least 300 kilometers from your place of departure, and by invitation.
Travel from an international departure to a Canadian destination must also be by invitation.
You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip to/for:
- develop markets and networks (including participation in official showcases)
- present artistic work
- explore future artistic collaborations
- build on an existing tour (for a single representative of a group or organization)
- prospection for exhibition tours (directors and curators only)
- participate in significant events
Or, for the following activity that does not require an invitation, to:
- research artistic content for programming in Canadian festivals, exhibitions or presentations
You can't apply for activities that occur before your departure start date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artists and curators
- arts professionals
- cultural connectors and sector builders (Equity arts sector)
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core(operating) grants can apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount
Up to $30 000 per year (1 March – 28/29 February)