Arts Festivals and Presenters
Arts Across Canada
The Arts Festivals and Presenters component of Arts Across Canada encourages Canadian arts organizations to present and exhibit quality art and literary works to Canadian audiences. Grants support festivals and presenters to showcase important artistic work, strengthen artistic practice, and build bridges between artists and audiences.
Please see guidelines for details and the translation deadline date.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Activities - what is eligible
You can apply for a contribution towards activities that:
- bring artistic programming to Canadian audiences through presentation or exhibition of Canadian work (as well as international work, if applicable) within a biennale, festival or a series of at least 3 events
- support artists and strengthen artistic practice
- build relationships between artists and the Canadian public
You can't apply for activities that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal and a conversation you have had with a Program Officer.
To be eligible, your organization must present, exhibit or disseminate the work of Canadian artists (as well as international artists, if applicable) through a festival, biennale or other form of presentation in Canada. You must also meet the following basic criteria:
- presently receive core (operating) support as a festival or presenter through one of the following Canada Council programs:
- Inter-Arts Office: Multi-Year Grants to Organizations
- Grants to Media Arts Organizations: Multi-Year
- New Music: Multi-Year and Annual Grants
- Professional Music Organizations Program: Annual and Multi-Year Grants
- Literary Arts Promotion (Annual and Multi-Year)
- have received at least 3 Canada Council project grants in the last 5 years. This excludes grants from Leadership for Change: Grants for Organizational Development, Flying Squad, Visiting Foreign Artists, and travel programs
- be an incorporated not-for-profit arts organization
- work with a professional staff
- have at least 5 years of continuous professional programming that is accessible to the public
Deadline and Grant Amount
of your total annual revenues, averaged over the last 3 years