Creating, Knowing and Sharing
The Long-Term Projects component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing funds First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists, arts/cultural professionals, groups, collectives and organizations working in all disciplines. Grants provide support for any combination of eligible Creating, Knowing and Sharing activities for projects lasting between 1 and 3 years.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a Program Officer before applying.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Activities - what you can apply for
Your activities must be led by eligible First Nations, Inuit or Métis professional artists, cultural carriers or arts/cultural professionals and can include participation of or collaboration with non-Indigenous artists.
You can apply for any combination of eligible Creating, Knowing and Sharing activities lasting between 1 and 3 years, including but not limited to:
- Creating – research; creation; production; critical discourse (including research or writing); residencies; collaborations
- Knowing – mentorships; artistic training; community-based initiatives to engage young people through artistic practices; language preservation through artistic practices; intergenerational transmission of artistic knowledge; preservation of traditional knowledge through artistic practice; development of administrative, artistic, cultural or organizational capacity; research; collaborations
- Sharing – local, regional, national or international exhibitions; implementation of dissemination strategy and organizational objectives; publishing activities; gathering events involving artistic practices; collaborations; marketing and publicity; presentations, festivals and showcase events; networking events involving artistic practices; outreach activities
You can’t apply for activities that occur before your project start date or for activities that receive funding from another Creating, Knowing and Sharing component or Canada Council program. You also can’t apply for activities on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis arts/cultural professionals
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis groups
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis for-profit organizations that have been in operation for at least 2 years
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis not-for-profit organizations not currently receiving core (operating) funding
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Aspiring artists and cultural carriers cannot apply for Long-Term Project grants.
Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants cannot apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount
In addition, a Remote Community Allowance may be available.