Circulation and Touring
Due to COVID-19:
- the Canada Council has established a blackout period during which time we will not be supporting some travel-related activities
- there may be restrictions or conditions on projects in which public gatherings are an essential part
The Circulation and Touring component of Arts Abroad funds activities linked to artistic exchange and networking for Canadian artists, artistic groups and arts organizations. Grants help build international exposure and increase the visibility of Canadian artists and their works abroad. International presenters, partners or host organizations must pay performance or exhibition fees to the presented artists, groups or organizations.
You may be eligible for Application Assistance to pay someone to help you with the application process if you are experiencing difficulty and self-identify as:
- an artist who is Deaf, hard of hearing, has a disability or is living with a mental illness
- a First Nations, Inuit or Métis artist facing language, geographic and/or cultural barriers.
Activities - what is eligible
- Circulation or touring of artists, exhibitions, or artistic works to 1 or more international locations
- Cross-border Canada/United States tours with a majority of events in the US
International presenters, partners or host organizations must contribute financially to the tour. This can include the payment of performance or exhibition fees, providing a share of the admission fees or box office sales and, in exceptional circumstances, a contribution to accommodation or other touring costs.
Projects that are self-presented or self-promoted are not eligible.
You can’t apply for activities that occur before the deadline date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artists and curators
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists, groups, collectives and not-for-profit organizations
- media arts distribution centres and festivals
- Canadian and international visual arts festivals
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount
Generally up to
of eligible costs, to a maximum of $200 000