Feedback on the UK-Canada Immersive Exchange
The Canada Council engaged Innovative Research Group to gather feedback on the UK-Canada Immersive Exchange program.
The objectives of this research were to gather feedback from participants and partners on the extent to which the program achieved its objectives, understand the value, relevance, and satisfaction with specific elements of the program, and identify areas of improvement.
Innovative conducted focus groups and interviews with 18 of the 24 program participants and interviews with program co-leads and representatives from program partners.
Innovative Research Group concluded that:
- The program successfully tested an innovative model to help advance the future of immersive storytelling.
- Program participants found value in the program to varying degrees.
- Phase I was overly focused on the business aspects of a co-production instead of the creative process.
- Some participants had trouble understanding the Phase 2 application process and struggled with the competitive aspects of this phase.
Suggestions for improvement included:
- Focus on setting clear expectations upfront.
- Design activities in Phase I to increase participant engagement.
- Structure the program to foster an environment of collaboration among all participants.
- Become the steward of an international community of creatives and producers in the immersive space
The Canada Council is integrating the findings from this research to guide its support for potential future initiatives.
Please contact the Research, Measurement and Data Analytics Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.