Feedback on the Creation Accelerator Initiative
The Canada Council engaged Environics Research to gather feedback on the Creation Accelerator Initiative.
The objectives of this research were to gather feedback from participants and partners on whether the initiative achieved its objectives, understand satisfaction with specific elements of the initiative, and identify areas of improvement for future potential initiatives.
Environics Research conducted interviews with 36 participants to better understand their experiences with and perceptions of the Creation Accelerator Initiative.
Environics concluded that:
- The initiative attracted and encouraged Canadian artists, artistic groups, and organizations involved in a wide variety of genres and art forms, to bring digital thinking into the creation of their work.
- The initiative provided artists with the means to take greater risks and develop projects beyond the scope of their usual field of practice.
- Participants were able to push their artistic and production boundaries and share their work with larger and more diverse audiences.
- Participants benefited from the opportunity to grow their knowledge of, and experience with, digital approaches.
Suggestions for improvement included:
- Clarification for participants regarding program partner roles, criteria for each program stage, and broadcaster requirements.
- A more comprehensive support system for participants including an enhanced onboarding session, as well as guidance and mentorship throughout the program.
- Improving the process for pairing participants and producers.
- Further application assistance and guidance for new applicants.
- More clarity around broadcast production categories.
The Canada Council is integrating the findings from this research to guide its support for potential future initiatives.
Please contact the Research, Measurement and Data Analytics Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.