Activities: What is eligible?
Activities that leverage digital technology to address sectoral and digital challenges, including:
- research and planning activities: feasibility studies, consultation, strategic foresight, research, etc.
- development activities: development of collaborations and new ways of working, development of piloted solutions, development of tools and applications, etc.
- implementation and testing activities
- evaluation and knowledge sharing activities: conferences, symposia, workshops, toolkits, webinars, etc.
Partnerships are encouraged but not required. Projects must have the potential to benefit the wider sector.
You can’t apply for activities that occur before your project start date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Candidates: Who can apply?
Types of potential applicants to this initiative include:
- artists and arts professionals
- cultural connectors
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis artists, arts/cultural professionals, cultural carriers, groups, collectives, for-profit organizations and not-for-profit organizations.
Organizations presently receiving core grants are eligible to apply to this initiative.
Your eligibility to apply to this initiative is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Targeted funding will be in place to ensure equitable support for applicants who have self-identified using the checkboxes in the Council’s portal as belonging to one of the Council’s designated priority groups, which include applicants from culturally diverse, Deaf and disability, official language minority, and Indigenous communities.
In addition to the Council’s designated priority groups, we also encourage applications from youth (18 to 35) and other historically underserved and marginalized communities, including 2SLGBTQ and gender-diverse communities, women, and artists at intersections of multiple identities.
For more information:
If you have any questions or need advice, write to us at email@example.com before submitting your application.
Ask us your questions
The Canada Council “Ask Me Anything” sessions are your opportunity to learn more about the Digital Greenhouse and Digital Generator funding initiatives, and have your questions directly answered by a Program Officer.
These sessions are for artists, groups and organizations who are looking to leverage digital technology to address sectoral and digital challenges and/or build their group or organization’s digital capacity.
Sign up for the session that interests you by clicking RSVP below, and please read the guidelines before attending.
Please note that space is limited due to bandwidth and we ask that you choose only one day to attend. Sessions will be offered in English, French, ASL and LSQ. Registration is mandatory.
New to the Canada Council? Prepare by creating a profile on the portal and reviewing the application guidelines.
|Date||Time||Click RSVP to confirm attendance via form|
November 23, 2021
December 7, 2021 (with ASL interpretation)
Looking for a French “Ask Me Anything” session? Find them here.