Our increased support for the arts responds to the evolution of artistic creation, engages an increasingly diverse public, and fosters renewal and growth.
With our commitment to increase support for the arts, we’re galvanizing artistic research and development and helping the emergence and visibility of the next generation of artists. We’re also increasing our support to artists, collectives and organizations in their work towards artistic excellence and greater engagement in the arts by Canada’s increasingly diverse public. We’ve achieved this split between project and core funding and surpassed our goal to ensure 25% of our new funds reach new recipients.
Targets and investments
This infographic shows the Council’s percentage split between its project and core funding as of 2019-20 towards its goal of reaching a 50/50 split by 2020-21.
- Split between project and core funding in 2019-20: 50.4% to project funding and 49.6% to core funding
- Baseline of split in 2015-16: 36% to project funding and 64% to core funding
- Current status: Achieved
This infographic shows the Council’s planned and actual investment of new funds to new recipients towards its goal investment by 2020-21.
- Planned investment of new funds to new recipients as of 2019-20: $92.5M
- Actual investment of new funds to new recipients as of 2019-20: $159.4M
- Target investment of new funds to new recipients by 2020-21: $137.5M
- Current status: Surpassed