Annual application limits
Each program component has limits on the number of applications you can submit and/or the grants you can receive each year – details are included in the guidelines for each component. In addition, there are over-riding limits on the number of applications you can submit annually to Canada Council for the Arts (1 March to 28/29 February). If you are planning several projects in a year, you will want to strategize which projects to submit to the Canada Council for support.
The over-riding limits are as follows:
- Individuals and groups, as well as organizations not receiving core (operating) grants may submit a maximum of 3 applications to the Council each year.
- Organizations receiving core (operating) grants may submit a maximum of 2 project applications to the Council each year, in addition to their core grant request every 2 or 4 years.
However, there are exceptions. To enable you to respond to invitations and other time-sensitive opportunities, applications to the following components are not counted in the over-riding limits:
- Creating Knowing and Sharing: Travel
- Creating Knowing and Sharing: Small Scale Activities
- Arts Across Canada: Travel
- Arts Across Canada: Representation and Promotion
- Arts Across Canada: Translation
- Arts Across Canada: Circulation and Touring
- Arts Abroad: Travel
- Arts Abroad: Representation and Promotion
- Arts Abroad: Translation
- Arts Abroad: Circulation and Touring
To see a comprehensive list of all overriding application limits and individual program/component limits please view see this Annual Application Limits Overview (PDF, 48.8 KB).