The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to the principles of public accountability and transparency.
We report to Parliament through the Minister of Canadian Heritage, and submit regular reports to other government departments according to schedules and regulations set by legislation and the departments. Each quarter we publish on our website the names of grant recipients and peer assessment committee members, and proactively disclose information on our activities. The Canada Council is subject to the Access to Information and Privacy Acts.
- Proactive Disclosure
- Privacy Notice The Canada Council does not sell or exchange lists or any other information about you, with the exception of contractors employed for the fulfillment of contracted services such as research, surveys, promotions or partners for the fulfillment of partnership program, and disclosed consistent with that program guideline as required. The Canada Council will never reveal your personal information to any third party without your prior knowledge and consent, unless the Canada Council is required to do so by law.
- Access to Information and Privacy Acts All personal information held or collected by the Canada Council for the Arts is protected under the federal Privacy Act.
- Public Feedback Process Your comments, suggestions, compliments and complaints provide valuable information that can help us improve our services, practices and processes.
- Netiquette This netiquette policy was elaborated for all of our social media platforms in order to create a convivial sharing space.
- Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) enforces legal requirements for distribution of commercial electronic messages
- Info Source Info Source: Sources of Federal Government and Employee Information
- Copyright All artworks, photographs and other images used on this site are the property of the artist and/or photographer who have contributed them. Materials on the site were produced and /or compiled by the Canada Council for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered. Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the site are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the site are subject to copyrights held by other organizations.