Professional Development for Arts Professionals
Supporting Artistic Practice
The Professional Development for Arts Professionals component of Supporting Artistic Practice supports the career growth of Canadian arts professionals by encouraging knowledge-sharing and participation in a wide range of development opportunities. Grants fund activities that contribute to the advancement of Canadian arts professionals.
You may be eligible for Application Assistance to pay someone to help you with the application process if you are experiencing difficulty and self-identify as:
- an artist who is Deaf, hard of hearing, has a disability or is living with a mental illness
- a First Nations, Inuit or Métis artist facing language, geographic and/or cultural barriers.
To calculate the amount you can request for travel costs, see the fixed travel rates.
Activities - what you can apply for
Professional development activities or sharing expertise with other Canadian arts professionals, including but not limited to:
- specialized training
- taking or giving workshops
- participation in conferences, seminars or other significant events
You can’t apply for activities that occur before your project start date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- arts professionals (those who play non-artistic roles such as administrators, technicians, etc.)
- cultural connectors
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Deadline and Grant Amount