Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples
The Small-Scale Activities component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing funds activities that will advance your artistic career or practice. This may include acquiring materials for artistic production, engaging in career or artistic development activities or benefitting from specific expertise, advice or training from a professional artist or cultural carrier. This component is open to First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, artistic groups, collectives and organizations working in all disciplines.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a Program Officer before applying.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Activities - what you can apply for
Your activities must be led by eligible First Nations, Inuit or Métis artists, cultural carriers or arts/cultural professionals.
You can apply to:
- purchase/acquire materials for artistic production
- pay honoraria to other professional artists or cultural carriers for specific expertise, advice, or training
- engage in career or artistic development activities
You can’t apply for activities that occur before your project start date or for activities, materials or expenses that receive funding from any other Canada Council component or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis aspiring artists working under the mentorship of a professional artist
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis arts/cultural professionals
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis cultural carriers
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis groups
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis for-profit organizations that have been in operation for at least 2 years
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis not-for-profit organizations not currently receiving core (operating) funding
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants cannot apply to this component.