Creating, Knowing and Sharing: The Arts and Cultures of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples
The Travel component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing funds First Nations, Inuit and Métis artists, arts/cultural professionals (including artists’ representatives), cultural carriers, artistic groups, collectives and organizations working in all disciplines. Grants support travel costs to attend significant events within Canada or abroad that advance your professional development, enable you or the artists you represent to access new markets or build national and international presence.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a Program Officer before applying.
You may be eligible for Application Assistance to pay someone to help you with the application process if you are experiencing difficulty and self-identify as:
- an artist who is Deaf, hard of hearing, has a disability or is living with a mental illness
- a First Nations, Inuit or Métis artist facing language, geographic and/or cultural barriers.
Activities - what you can apply for
Activities must be led by eligible First Nations, Inuit or Métis professional artists, cultural carriers or arts/cultural professionals.
Travel must be at least 100 kilometers from your place of departure, and by invitation. You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip (if you are representing or promoting artists, you can request multiple trips) to:
- share artistic works or cultural knowledge
- participate in significant artistic or cultural events, including pow-wows
- undertake research activities
- build professional and artistic networks
- engage in professional development opportunities
- develop regional, national or international markets
You can’t apply for activities that occur before your departure date or those that receive funding from another Canada Council program component or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis aspiring artists
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis arts/cultural professionals
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis cultural carriers
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis groups or collectives
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis for-profit organizations
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis not-for-profit organizations
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Organizations presently receiving core grants can apply to this component.
Deadline and Grant Amount