Representation and Promotion
The Representation and Promotion component of Arts Abroad funds travel linked to the international promotion of Canadian artists and artistic works. Grants are available for registered or incorporated Canadian arts organizations to represent Canadian artists and develop their presence internationally, and establish a place for Canadian arts practice in the global arts market. Grants are also available to foreign arts organizations that invite Canadian artists to present artistic works and to Canadian arts organizations that bring international buyers to Canada.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
To calculate the amount you can request for travel costs, see the fixed travel rates.
Activities - what is eligible
Travel must be outside of Canada, at least 500 kilometres from your place of departure. You can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip and for multiple trips within 1 application, to:
- formally represent and promote Canadian artists (i.e. through a contractual relationship)
- build on an existing tour (for artists' representatives only)
- bring international buyers to Canada
- lead a Canadian delegation abroad
You can't apply for activities that occur before your departure date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- support groups, organizations and shared platforms
- national arts service organizations
- artist-run centres
- festivals, presenters and touring networks
- book and magazine publishers
- agencies, management service organizations and art dealers
- international literary, media arts and visual arts festivals
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Additionally, for organizations with profiles in Literature (with the exception of Literary agents and agencies), you must presently receive core (operating) support through one of the following Canada Council programs:
- Book Publishing Support: Block Grants
- Grants to Literary and Art Magazines
- Grants for Literature Promotion: Operating Grants
- Grants for Literature Promotion: Multi-Year Assistance for National Arts Service Organizations
Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component
Deadline and Grant Amount
Travel costs generally based on fixed amounts, up to