The Co-productions component of Arts Abroad provides support for the realization of new works or exhibitions developed by Canadian artistic groups and arts organizations in partnership with foreign arts organizations. Support is for artistic co-productions or financial co-productions.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Activities - what is eligible
- Artistic co-productions of new works or exhibitions in collaboration with foreign arts organizations, which result in a public presentation or publication
- Financial co-productions by Canadian performing arts presenters and festivals investing in new works by foreign artists, which result in a public presentation in Canada
Book publishers – please familiarize yourself with the definition of eligible literary titles.
You can’t apply for activities that occur before the deadline date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- festivals and presenters
- literary book publishers
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
Additionally, you must:
- presently receive core (operating) support from the Canada Council.
- have received at least 1 Canada Council project grant in the last 5 years. This excludes grants from the following components and programs: Professional Development, Small-Scale Activities, Travel, Representation and Promotion, Digital Strategy Fund, Leadership for Change: Grants for Organizational Development, Flying Squad, and Visiting Foreign Artists.
Organizations presently receiving core grants can submit applications for exceptional, non-recurring initiatives that fall outside of the type or scope of activities usually undertaken by the organization. You are responsible for demonstrating the exceptional nature of your project.
Deadline and Grant Amount
of eligible costs, to a maximum of $50 000