Supporting Artistic Practice
The Support Organizations component of Supporting Artistic Practice funds Canadian arts organizations that reinforce Canadian art practice through a range of targeted activities and services, including those that bolster the creative and professional capacities of artists working in all disciplines.
Please see guidelines for details and the translation deadline date.
Activities - what you can apply for
You can apply for a contribution towards ongoing activities and services that:
- provide targeted resources and opportunities for the development of a particular artistic practice, group of artists and/or arts organizations
You can’t apply for activities that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- support organizations and shared platforms
- artist-run centres
- magazines on the arts and literature
- agencies and management service organizations
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
To be eligible, your organization must:
- presently receive core support from this component.
If your organization is presently receiving core support from another component, you must contact your Program Officer to confirm your eligibility before you apply.
- have received 1 composite grant or 3 Canada Council project grants from the Canada Council in the last 5 years. This excludes grants from the following components and programs: Travel, Translation, Small-Scale Activities, Digital Strategy Fund, Leadership for Change: Grants for Organizational Development, Flying Squad, Visiting Foreign Artists.
- be a registered or incorporated arts organization
- work with a professional staff
- have at least 5 years of continuous activities and services that support professional arts practice
- have had total revenues exceeding $50 000 in each of the last 3 years (some exceptions may be considered)
Deadline and Grant Amount
of your total annual revenues, averaged over the last 3 years