Recovery and Reopening Funds Recipient Survey
Canadian Heritage, in partnership with the Canada Council for the Arts, and other agencies and departments, undertook a survey on the impact of the Recovery and Reopening Funds.
The survey examined the impact of the Recovery and Reopening Funds on:
- providing additional relief to arts, culture, heritage, and sport organizations that are still struggling with operational viability due to the pandemic;
- helping organizations build organizational resilience and pursue business innovation and transformation, including contributing to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion, and environmental sustainability activities;
- supporting organizations and projects that deliver in-person experiences and events that draw visitors to our communities.
An online survey was completed by 3,095 organizations and groups that received funding in 2021-22.
Findings from the survey included:
- The Funds met their objectives of supporting business continuity and maintaining jobs.
- Most organizations remain in operations and have largely recovered from the pandemic’s impacts. However, qualitative responses from the survey highlight that supply chain issues, record levels of inflation, labour shortages, and anxiety with respect to large or in-person activities have challenged and will likely continue to challenge the sector’s post-pandemic recovery.
- The Recovery Fund was successful in helping organizations advance one or more of the following objectives:
- Build organizational resilience;
- Pursue business innovation and/or transformation;
- Advance equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion;
- Advance environmental sustainability.
- The Reopening Fund was successful in helping organizations reopen or remain open (reconnect people with in-person attendance, live-events and in-person experiences).
- More than one third of respondents indicated funding had a direct impact on equity-deserving communities, mainly in the form of employment and enhanced partnerships.
Please contact the Research, Measurement and Data Analytics Section at email@example.com.