Active and engaged in the arts for many years, Ms. Peene has supported and defended art throughout her entire life.
What is this prize?
The Vida Peene Awards are made annually to eight specified organizations from the investment proceeds of an endowment worth almost $600,000.
The eight organizations are:
- Stratford Festival of Canada
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Ontario College of Art and Design
- Ontario Arts Council
- National Ballet of Canada
- Canadian Opera Company
- St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra
Who created this prize?
This fund was established thanks to a generous bequest from Vida Peene to the Canada Council in 1978 for the purpose of promoting development of the arts in Ontario and the rest of Canada.
If you are Deaf, hard of hearing, or a TTY user, please use your preferred MRS (Message Relay Service) or IP service to contact the Canada Council.