Information Management Assistant
Closing date: 20 January, 2020
Competition: 4636 (Internal/External)
Status: Temporary full-time until March 26, 2021
Section: Information Technology and Information Management
Salary Scale: $51,962 to $60,649
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, Information Management, the incumbent supports analyzes, classifies, registers and maintains the Council’s corporate records and information management.
As the Information Management Assistant, you will:
- ensure the Council’s permanent records are filed and maintained in accordance with the Library and Archive Act as well as the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Guidelines and other related government regulations;
- maintain the records of the Council from the time of creation to their disposal, including classifying, storing, securing, and destruction as well as archival preservation of records as evidence of the Council's activities;
- ensure the data integrity, access, security, protection and disposition of corporate records in the records management software system;
- provide training and technical support to the Council’s staff in both paper and electronic filing of permanent records;
- ensure that policies, standards, guidelines and practices in the management of information is respected and implemented by all staff;
- maintain the Council’s archival and reference library;
- process financial transactions and payments for purchase orders in electronic payment system;
- track the director’s correspondence and ensures the completeness of corporate information for all activities;
- and performs other related duties.
You may be required, on occasion, to work irregular hours.
This position is located in Ottawa.
Requirements of the position
- Two year (2) college diploma or an equivalent work experience in the field of records and information management
- Three (3) years administrative experience directly related to the responsibilities of the position
- Experience in technical records full lifecycle management including protection, preservation, and management of corporate information
- Experience in applying information security and protecting personal information
- In depth knowledge and understanding of records and information management Acts and regulations
- Knowledge of interrelationships of records management software with Corporate software
- Knowledge of retention and disposition practices
- In depth knowledge of conservation standards and recovery techniques;
Skills & Competencies
- Understanding classification vocabulary; determining corporate information of historical value; and understanding database relationships and interfaces
- Ability to analyze information for accuracy and completeness and a knowledge and understanding of the Council, and the relationship between government and Council policies and procedures
- Ability to use modern office technology, equipment and software
- Solid organizational skills, tact, judgment, multi -tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong client service skills
This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an intermediate level in oral and reading comprehension and a basic level in writing.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at email@example.com.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups (women, visible minorities, Indigenous and persons with disabilities) when you apply.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.