Registry and Financial Assistant
Closing date: 4 August 2021
Competition: 140067 (Internal/External)
Status: Temporary Full-time until September 9, 2023
Section: Granting Program Operations
Salary Scale: $53,533 to $62,482
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Granting Systems Coordinator, the incumbent manages contacts, application intakes, creates competition groups, addresses non-routine and complex issues with client contact registrations, and processes Arts Grants Program grant payments.
As the Registry and Financial Assistant, you will:
- contact clients to resolve duplicate contacts by clarifying personal information;
- research, analyze, identify and address non-routine issues with client contact registrations;
- provide guidance to clients on non-routine inquiries;
- receive, classify, and register mail-in applications;
- intake and coordinate applications from the client portal to the program delivery staff;
- register and identify retention and disposition requirements of confidential client information according to the Council’s policies;
- document business processes;
- process Arts Grants Program grant payments;
- record and track non grant related expenses via the Council’s integrated Purchasing and Financial Management system;
- provide support and guidance to Canada Council staff related to granting systems and processes;
- perform other related duties.
You may not be required to travel but on occasion, work irregular hours.
This position is located in Ottawa.
Requirements of the position
*Important: Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications for Education and Experience. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume and in the application form.
- Secondary school diploma and some specialized training related to the responsibilities of the position
- Two (2) years of experience directly related to the responsibilities of the position, including client service
- Previous financial experience
- Basic knowledge of financial record keeping and accounting procedures
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to use modern office technology, equipment and software
- Extreme attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Excellent client service, interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills and tact
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to provide clear direction to clients on how to perform simple and complex tasks.
- Solid initiative, judgment, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Ability to work with multiple and strict deadlines
- Ability to use spreadsheet applications
- Ability to read and comprehend a basic statement of revenue and expenses
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an intermediate level in oral, reading comprehension and writing.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at email@example.com.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups (women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities) when you apply. Please note that while Council uses other terms such as Indigenous (for Aboriginal peoples) in this posting, Council uses the terminology prescribed by legislation for the purposes of employment equity monitoring and reporting.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
If the form won’t open
To view the form, you will need the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Make sure the PDF is opening in Adobe Reader and not in a browser: right‑click the document in your downloads folder and select Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Send the completed form to:
Human Resources, The Canada Council for the Arts,
150 Elgin Street, P.O. Box 1047,
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5V8.