Closing date: 4 August 2021
Competition: 104637 (Internal/External)
Status: Temporary Full-time until March 31, 2022
Section: Granting Program Operations
Salary Scale: $47,957 to $56,167
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Granting Systems Coordinator, the incumbent manages the re-routing of the artists validation profiles and applications from the Portal to the programs.
As the registry clerk, you will:
- provide technical support and guidance to artists for registering on the Portal;
- receive, classify, register and create files for manual applications;
- contact applicants to clarify personal information and/or request acceptable format for electronic submission of support material;
- receive and sort all incoming mail for Council staff;
- provide clerical services;
- maintain corporate information and documentation of the business processes and various systems;
- provide technical support and guidance to the Canada Council staff related to granting systems and processes;
- perform other related duties.
This position is located in Ottawa.
Requirements of the position
*Important: Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications for Education and Experience. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume and in the application form.
- Secondary school with some specialized training
- Two (2) years of experience directly related to the responsibilities of the position
Skills & Competencies
- The ability to use modern office technology, equipment and software
- Extreme attention to details and accuracy
- Solid initiative, organizational and interpersonal skills
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an intermediate level in oral and reading comprehension, and a basic level in writing.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups (women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities) when you apply. Please note that while Council uses other terms such as Indigenous (for Aboriginal peoples) in this posting, Council uses the terminology prescribed by legislation for the purposes of employment equity monitoring and reporting.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
If the form won’t open
To view the form, you will need the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Make sure the PDF is opening in Adobe Reader and not in a browser: right‑click the document in your downloads folder and select Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Send the completed form to:
Human Resources, The Canada Council for the Arts,
150 Elgin Street, P.O. Box 1047,
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5V8.