Closing date: 7 July 2022
Competition: 103130 (Internal/External)
Status: Temporary full-time until June 9, 2023
Section: Arts Across Canada and Arts Abroad Programs
Salary Scale: $53,533 to $62,482
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
The Canada Council is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. To better reflect the many people and communities in Canada, we encourage applications from individuals with any combination of backgrounds, origins, identities and forms of self-expression. This includes Indigenous people, Black people, racialized people, Deaf people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQQIA+ community.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager or Administrative Coordinator, the incumbent performs a variety of administrative support functions including the preparation and coordination of documents, reports and financial data to support the grant delivery process.
As the Program Assistant, you will:
- assist with the organization, execution and documentation of the assessment process in accordance to policies;
- coordinate logistics for virtual meetings, committees and meetings;
- respond to general inquiries or redirect inquiries as appropriate;
- perform other related duties.
You may not be required to travel but, on occasion, work irregular hours.
This position is located in Ottawa.
Requirements of the position
*Important: Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications for Education and Experience. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your cover letter, resume and in the application form.
- Secondary school diploma and some specialized training related to the responsibilities of the position
- Two (2) years of experience in the administrative or secretarial field
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to use office technology, equipment and software such as MSoffice
- Ability to work with multiple and strict deadlines
- Solid initiative, judgment, prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an intermediate level in oral and reading comprehension and a basic level in writing.
How to Apply
In addition to filling out the application form, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF to email@example.com. Please address them to the attention of Chantal Riendeau, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you submit both components of your application before the deadline indicated on the job posting.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
For people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or TTY users, please use your preferred MRS (Message Relay Service) or IP service to contact us.
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups (women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities) when you apply. Please note that while Council uses other terms such as Indigenous (for Aboriginal peoples) in this posting, Council uses the terminology prescribed by legislation for the purposes of employment equity monitoring and reporting.