Music: Project Grants to Professional Choirs
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, including people with disabilities.
This program has two components: Project Grants to Professional Choirs and Grants to Professional Choirs.
A project is defined as a single activity taking place at a specific time, with a delineated budget. Project Grants contributions are directed towards specific artistic, production and promotional costs and may not be used to support the applicant's organizational structure or overall activities.
Grants to Professional Choirs are used to support professional choirs with their organizational structure and overall activities. The Grants to Professional Choirs component has its own guidelines and application form.
Activities normally funded through this program will be eligible in the New Funding Model, starting April 1, 2017.
Project Grants are available annually and each request is subject to peer assessment. It is not guaranteed ongoing yearly support, and there are limited funds available.
Choirs eligible for Project Grants must:
- be an incorporated non-profit Canadian professional choir
- have completed at least two seasons of performance activities
- have a consistent core or membership of singers
- have a season of activities (concerts) planned that includes a variety of self-produced programs showcasing Canadian choral music works
- have a paid, professional Choral Conductor/Artistic Director and a strong administrative infrastructure to support their artistic activities
- have a board of directors
- have experienced financial stability for at least one year
- receive significant financial support from various government or private sources, as demonstrated in the submitted financial documents (when applicable).
Note that children’s and youth choirs are eligible for Project Grants, but are not eligible for the Grants to Professional Choirs component. They must demonstrate an ongoing history of national or international activities as well as regular partnerships with other professional organizations.
1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5071
TTY : 1-866-585-5559