Music: Grants to Professional Orchestras
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, and from people with disabilities.
This program supports the activities of Canadian professional orchestras in their community by contributing financial assistance through Annual and Multi-Year Grants.
Annual and Multi-Year Grants provide ongoing support to the overall activities and organizational structure of orchestras on an annual or multi-year basis.
Activities normally funded through this program will be eligible in the New Funding Model, starting 1 April, 2017. Learn more ...
Grants will be awarded based on a competitive process. A peer assessment committee will recommend the funding priorities and establish the amount of the Canada Council’s contribution to the proposed activities of successful applicants.
The Canada Council for the Arts collects financial and statistical information through a national online database called CADAC (Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada). The CADAC website (www.thecadac.ca) enables arts organizations applying for operating funding from public funders that are partners in CADAC to submit their financial and statistical information in the same format.
To be eligible, your organization must meet all of the following requirements. It must:
- be a professional, non-profit Canadian orchestra
- have a board of directors in place at the time of application
- have completed at least three full years of ongoing local and professional activities
- receive significant support from other levels of government, the public and the private sectors
- engage professional artistic and administrative personnel
- demonstrate a significant and strong commitment to Canadian creation/repertoire as part of its ongoing annual programming.
First time annual funding applicants
To be eligible to apply for an annual grant, your organization must have received project grants in each of the last two competitions. It must also meet the basic eligibility criteria described above.
1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5248