Music: Grants to Professional Choirs
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, and from people with disabilities.
Please refer to the complete Program Guidelines [PDF, 183.2 KB].
Grants to Professional Choirs are used to support professional choirs with their organizational structure and overall activities.
Activities normally funded through this program will be eligible in the New Funding Model, starting 1 April, 2017. Learn more ...
The peer assessment committee recommends funding priorities and establishes the value of the Canada Council for the Arts’ contribution to the applicant’s proposed activities. Recommendations are based on the program’s assessment criteria and available funds.
These grants cannot be used to fund activities that have already been completed or for expenses that were incurred before this program deadline.
The Canada Council for the Arts collects financial and statistical information through a national online database called CADAC (Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada). The CADAC website https://www.thecadac.ca enables arts organizations applying for operating funding from public funders that are partners in CADAC to submit their financial and statistical information in the same format.
Note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that you will receive a grant.
Applicants for annual and multi-year grants must:
- be an incorporated, non-profit Canadian professional choir
- have completed at least three seasons of professional activities
- have a consistent core or membership of singers
- have a season of activities (concerts) planned that includes a variety of self-produced programs showcasing Canadian choral music works
- have a paid, professional Choral Conductor/Artistic Director
- have a paid, professional administrative staff to support their artistic activities
- have a board of directors
- have experienced financial stability for at least the past two years
- receive significant support from other levels of government, the public or the private sector
- be adult choirs that have received project grants in each of the last two competitions and meet the eligibility criteria of this program in order to apply for annual funding.
1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5071
TTY : 1-866-585-5559