Grants to Professional Canadian Contemporary Art Dealers
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, including people with disabilities.
Please refer to the complete Program Guidelines [PDF, 392.8 KB].
Please note the following program changes: Professional contemporary Canadian art dealers will now be able to apply through the Audience and Market Development Office for all expenses relating to attendance at art fairs (including travel and booth rental costs). The Grants to Professional Contemporary Canadian Art Dealers program is now dedicated to projects supporting the promotion of artists’ careers, outside of art fairs. For details, please carefully read the program guidelines.
This program provides financial support to professional Canadian contemporary art dealers to offset costs for special projects and initiatives that advance the careers of professional Canadian contemporary visual and fine craft artists through the national and international promotion of their work.
This program assists eligible art dealers to undertake one or several initiatives, over the course of one year, that will:
- bring public attention to Canadian artists, advancing their recognition and career trajectories
- encourage the general public, private corporations and public institutions to collect works by living Canadian visual artists.
15 November, 2016
If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
The last deadline will be 15 November. Activities normally funded through this program will be eligible in the New Funding Model, starting April 1, 2017.
You may apply for a grant to a maximum amount of $10,000. Grants awarded may not be the full amount requested.
Note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that you will receive a grant.
To be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- be registered as a business in Canada
- be majority-owned and operated by Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- have been in operation for at least three years and have established a national and/or international reputation
- represent professional contemporary artists, of which 75 percent are Canadian
- maintain a permanent exhibition venue that is open to the general public on a regular and ongoing basis.
Visual Arts Section
Canada Council for the Arts
350 Albert Street, P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa ON K1P 5V8
1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5109