Cultivate: Sector Development Project Grants
Please refer to the complete Program Guidelines (standard format). [PDF, 457.5 KB]
Accessible formats also available:
Accessible Guidelines [PDF, 212.3 KB], Accessible Application Form [PDF, 414.8 KB], Accessible Voluntary Self-identification Form [PDF, 1.1 MB]
Applicants who cannot view the documents in PDF format can contact the Equity Office to receive documents in alternative formats.
Watch ASL videos about Cultivate.
This program addresses sector-wide and discipline-specific gaps in the Canadian arts ecology by supporting vital, developmental activities that nurture, benefit and raise the profile of Aboriginal, culturally diverse, Deaf, disability and official language minority arts communities.
Through this program, the Equity Office aims to recognize organizations and individuals that play a leadership role in advancing the development of the designated arts communities.
If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
The maximum grant amount that can be awarded is $25,000.
Generally, the maximum amount is $20,000 but you may be awarded up to $25,000 to cover access costs or accommodate disability-related barriers.
An applicant must be a cultural connector or a Canadian professional arts organization, association or network with a commitment to the designated communities.
Cultural connectors may be artists, agents, managers, animators, facilitators, critics, curators, cultural workers, etc.
- Conferences, forums and symposiums
- Gatherings or networking sessions
- Professional development workshops
- Web-based activities that benefit a broader community beyond the applicant’s
- Showcases and special presentations
- Mentorship, career development and other support services
- Initiatives that advance artistic skills, techniques and traditional or contemporary artistic knowledge
- Artistic research with communities to recover, examine and authenticate traditional histories and artistic practices.
Senior Administrative Assistant
1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 4102