Network Administrator (SharePoint)
Information Technology and Information Management Services
Closing date: 11 January, 2018
Competition: 6226T (Internal/External)
Status: Temporary full-time until December 20, 2019
Salary Scale: $65,902 to $79,469
The results of this competition may also be used to fill other similar vacancies, on a temporary or regular basis.
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
The Network Administrator (SharePoint) implements and supports the Information Technology network, including telecommunications, hardware, software and services.
As the Network Administrator (SharePoint), you will:
- Support network security, network monitoring, performance management and assists in capacity planning
- maintain the on-premises and cloud based SharePoint 2016, 2013, and 2010 infrastructure
- be responsible for the planning, administration and implementation of computer server platforms for office automation, email, corporate applications, Internet and network operations; and perform other related duties.
Basic requirements of the position
- Completion of a three (3) year college program in the field of computing technology, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position
- Five (5) years of experience directly related to the principal responsibilities of the position.
- Experience with Interfacing SharePoint with Microsoft Office products and network drives, configuring common service applications (e.g. Search, Metadata, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of technology configurations, web infrastructure, telecommunications, systems hardware and software and security management
- Expertise in SharePoint 2013/2016 and related architecture
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Office 365
- Experience configuring SharePoint Enterprise Features such as MS Office Web Apps 2016, Excel Service, Search Service, User Profile Service, Managed Metadata Service, Performance Point Service
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent judgment, adaptability, analytical thinking and ability to resolve complex problems and to coordinate solutions
- Solid customer service, troubleshooting, workload priority setting and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an intermediate level in oral and reading comprehension and a basic level in writing.
This position is located in Ottawa.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.