Security Coordinator, Administrative Services
Closing date: 15 August, 2017
Competition: 2550 (Internal/External)
Status: Regular Full-time
Salary Scale: $60,195 to $72,620
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Administrative Services, the Security Coordinator, contributes to the continuous improvement of health, safety and environmental programs for both of the Canada Council’s locations.
As the Security Coordinator, you will:
- administer the security access system
- develop and implement all physical security and security check policies, procedures and guidelines for mitigating security risks
- review, propose and implement solutions on physical security issues
- assist in the development of the Canada Council’s business continuity plan and other emergency plans
- ensure that all physical security systems (such as cameras and access to work areas) are performing as expected on a daily basis
- maintain contacts and liaison with security related professional and government organizations
- track and monitor security clearance requests and results
- conduct security incidents/breach investigations
- implement and maintain a security incident reporting and investigation process
- ensure building inspections are performed regularly and report on any concerns
- coordinate the activities of First Response Team, as directed, and increases the awareness of safety policies and procedures by providing information or training sessions to staff
- provide support to staff on health and security issues
- promote the values and attitudes of health and safety; and performs other related duties.
Basic requirement of the position
- Three (3) year college program or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position
- Five (5) years of experience directly related to the responsibilities of the position
- Strong knowledge of physical security, legal and regulatory requirements
Skills & Competencies
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong documentation, reporting and communication skills
- Excellent initiative, judgment and the ability to provide credible advice
- Exceptional tact, discretion and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to work with multiple and strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Solid problem solving, general research and analytical skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and decision making skills
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP) would be an asset
- First Aid/ Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification would be an asset
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: an advanced level in oral and reading comprehension and an intermediate level in writing.
This position is located in Ottawa.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please send all documents as one PDF file.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.