Front End Developer, Web and Brand
Closing date: 28 August, 2017
Competition: 2491 (Internal/External)
Status: Regular Full-time
Salary Scale: $65,902 to $79,469
The results of this competition may also be used to fill other similar vacancies, on a temporary or regular basis.
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Web and Brand, the Front End Developer produces and participates in the design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of projects to support the Canada Council’s public website, affiliate sites and intranet.
As the Front End Developer, you will:
- work with external suppliers and Canada Council staff in support of promotional and project based web activities
- provide creative direction and ingenuity for a range of promotional and informational products and web site services
- maintain consistency across visual communications; and perform other related duties
You may be required to work extended hours, evening and weekend.
Basic requirements of the position
- Three (3) years college diploma in computer science, multi-media or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position
- Three (3) years of experience in front-end web development
- Three (3) years of experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and SKETCH
- Experience with AJAX, APIs and Cross Browser compatibility
- Expertise with HTML & CSS, JS and SASS using current best practices
- Strong understanding of browser tools
- Good understanding of usability and accessibility standards
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to produce creative, effective and on-strategy design
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Understanding of Sitecore, SCORE framework, WordPress, HTML5/CSS3 and PHP, Java and .NET would be an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, some project management skills would be an asset
- Strong problem solving, judgment and organizational skills
- Responsive and Mobile Design
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems , Team Foundation System would be an asset
- Strong debugging skills
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in the second official language are: a basic level in oral, reading comprehension and in writing.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please send all documents as one PDF file.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.