Translator-Reviser (French), Communications Content
Closing date: 18 October, 2017
Competition: 2416 (Internal/External)
Status: Regular Full-time
Salary Scale: $72,206 to $87,112
The results of this competition may also be used to fill other similar vacancies, on a temporary or regular basis.
About the Canada Council for the Arts
Join our team and play a role in supporting Canadian creativity. The Canada Council is a dynamic, highly-respected federal Crown corporation with a mandate to foster and promote the study and enjoyment of, and production of works in, the arts for the benefit of all Canadians. We offer competitive salaries and benefit package. For more information about the Canada Council for the Arts, please visit our website at www.canadacouncil.ca.
About the role
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Communications Content, the Translator-Reviser (French-language) primarily provides translation and revision services (English to French) and terminology services to the various Sections and Divisions of the Canada Council and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO, which operates under the aegis of the Council.
As the Translator-Reviser, you will:
- collaborate on writing content;
- conduct research; and perform other related duties.
You may be required, on occasion, to work irregular hours.
Basic requirement of the position
- An undergraduate degree in translation
- Five (5) years of experience in revision of translation and translation in the corporate or public sector, preferably under supervision
- Experience in conducting advanced documentary and terminological research
- Writing experience
- Experience in the translation of texts in the arts or culture and federal administration would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of translation tools
- A good knowledge of the arts and of the programs, policies, clients and fields of interest of the Canada Council
- A working knowledge of production processes and standards for a wide variety of documents
- An understanding of emerging trends in visual and written communications (blogs, social networking, etc.)
- A good understanding of communication principles and strategies, and of basic project management processes
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent translation and revision skills (including extensive knowledge of revision standards and rules)
- Aptitude for writing and research
- Considerable tact, discretion, negotiation skills and a high degree of rigour
- This position requires the use of both official languages. The requirements in French are: a professional level in reading comprehension and writing and an advance level in oral. The requirements in English are: an advance level in oral and reading comprehension and an intermediate level in writing.
This position is located in Ottawa.
How to apply
Send the complete Application Form quoting the competition number listed above and a copy of your resume to the attention of Mylène Mougeot, Human Resources, prior to the closing date by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Mylène Mougeot at 613-566-4414 or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4124 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview and/or a written exam will be contacted.
TTY machine (toll-free)
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.